Who we are
Netcare Education, a division of the Netcare Group, is regarded as one of South Africa’s leading private education and training institutions of healthcare professionals, both in nursing and ancillary health care and emergency medical services.
Netcare Education, a registered private higher education institution, comprises two faculties, with campuses in Johannesburg and Pretoria in Gauteng, Durban North in KwaZulu-Natal, Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape and Cape Town in the Western Cape. The Faculty of Nursing and Ancillary Healthcare (FNAH) provides formal education and training in the fields of nursing and ancillary disciplines, and the Faculty of Emergency and Critical Care (FECC) provides formal education and training in the field of emergency and critical care as well as first aid training for members of the public.
Through organised learning, employees and students will be able to improve job performance and individual growth opportunities.
Established in 1989, Netcare Education has built up a solid reputation for equipping students with the academic, clinical, practical and personal skills required for a professional career in healthcare.
Our vision and mission
Netcare Education strives to be the education, training and development provider of choice for the healthcare industry.
Netcare Education believes in the constitutional assertion that all people have the right to quality education and healthcare.
As such, our core objective is to ensure that our students will be capable and skilled healthcare providers who are able to proudly offer the best evidence based practice and care to their patients. In doing so, they will contribute to the strengthening of the South African economy, democracy and social fabric.
We will achieve this by offering outstanding industry-relevant training, education and development solutions.
We espouse the following principles:
- Life-long learning as a way of personal, professional and vocational improvement.
- Continuous research and implementation of evidence-based best-practice, in order to uplift our healthcare offering to our communities, and educational services to our students.
- Development of solid partnerships and collaborations with key public, private and regulatory stakeholders, in order to exert a positive influence in the areas of policy design and service delivery.
- Quality assurance in all our conduct as a market leader of healthcare education and training.
- Celebration of diversity among our people, upholding human dignity as a constitutional right and a philosophy that underpins all learning activities within our institution.
- The transformational role of education and training, in normalising the past inequities in education and employment practices within the healthcare sector by giving priority access to historically disadvantaged South Africans.
We develop our curricula and conduct our programmes in such a way as to produce independent thinkers, researchers and healthcare providers who will excel in their chosen field of professionalism, and become the leaders of tomorrow's healthcare industry. We strive to be recognised as the healthcare industry education, training and development provider of choice in the healthcare industry.